Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Stitch Alchemy Paper Fabric Dolls I made...

When I took Melanie's Pretty Purse class, I had NO idea I would get to
meet a "real" author. Come to find out, Kelli Perkins was taking the same
class! After I realized who she was I couldn't wait
to tell her about the dolls I had made using her
technique. The blue one is a
mermaid, there's a lady & 2 w/very big heads, 1 has a
travel motif & 1 done w/
buttons & a ticket I aged w/coffee & sepia ink pad. This was a really fun technique. I had fabric drying on my studio floors all over the place. I've saved all my scrap pieces to use in scrapbook embellishing. The layers just made this come alive. She'll be teaching several classes in Chicago in August at the Cloth Paper Scissors event. I hope to take the one where you learn to take your photos and turn them into art on fabric.


No comments: